The Research Support Office (RSO), which is part of the ISCTE-IUL's Central Administrative Services, aims to foster quality, volume and internationalization of scientific research at ISCTE–IUL, and help placing research units at high performance and classification levels of the Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT).
In pursuing its mission, the RSO provides the following support to the research units:
- Enables the research units to take informed decisions about their participation in EU programmes and maximise opportunities to obtain funding
- Supports the research units' participation in research programmes by providing information and interface with the appropriate bodies
- Provides assistance to the research units in the acquisition of news skills to support research activities
- Identifies funding opportunities, organises informative sessions and meetings to promote the participation of research units in calls for proposals
- Validates the proposals and provides the University’s authorisation for submission
- Is responsible for negotiating contract terms with funders, consortium and collaboration agreements with other institutions, backed by the research units
- Monitors all projects in course
- Works as a helpdesk for new project management information software
- Provides support on legal issues, conflict of interests, intellectual property, etc., with the assistance of other ISCTE-IUL offices
The RSO also systematizes and prepares data for dissemination of scientific output, and supports the management of funds, projects, contracts, grants, networks, publications, meetings and other scientific activities, in support of the research units’ own structures.
Research Support Office | email@example.com
+ 351 210 464 171/2
Building Sedas Nunes, floor 2, room 2S12
10:00am to 6:00pm